ON JORDAN’S BANK
- On Jordan’s bank the Baptist’s cry,
Announces that the Lord is nigh,
Come then and harken, for he brings
Glad tidings from the king of kings.
- Then cleansed be every Christian breast,
And furnished for so great a guest!
Yea let us each our hearts prepare
For Christ to come and enter there.
- For thou art our salvation Lord,
Our refuge and our great reward;
Without thy grace our souls must fade,
And wither like a flower decayed.
- Stretch forth thine hand to heal our sore,
And make us rise to fall no more;
Once more upon thy people shine,
And fill the world with love divine.
- All praise, eternal son to thee
Whose advent swts thy people free
Whom with the father we adore
And Holy Ghost for ever more.