1. As when the shepherd calls his sheep, they know and heed his voice, so when you call your family Lord, to share the Heavenly food.
You satisfy the hungry heart, with gifts of finest wheat,
Come give to us, O saving Lord, the bread of life to eat.
2. With joyful lips we sing to you, our praise and gratitude, that you should count us worthy, Lord, to share this heavenly food.
3. Is not the cup we bless and share the blood of Christ out poured? Does not one cup, one loaf declare our oneness in the Lord?
4. The mystery of our presence, Lord, no mortal tongue can tell: Whom all the world cannot contain, comes in our hearts to dwell.
5. You give yourself to us, O Lord, then selfless let us be, To serve each other in your name, in truth and charity.