TO GOD IN GLADNESS SING
To God in gladness sing. How great his name.
Give thanks to him for his marvelous deeds.
1. He came among his people, he dwelt among the poor,
He chose of all the weakest, the humblest to be friends.
2. Like rain that falls from heaven and makes the earth bring forth,
His word our hearts refreshes, his law our life transforms.
3. No longer are we servants, his friends each one he calls,
He brings us to his table to share the bread and wine.
4. The light that shines in darkness, the victory over death,
He enters into glory, like him we too shall arise.
5. The flame of love his Spirit, the universe pervades,
Through him a new creation, begins and never ends.