LORD OF THE DANCE
1. I danced in the morning when the world was began,
And I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun,
And I came down from heaven and I danced on the earth,
At Bethlehem I had my birth.
Dance then wherever you may be
I am the Lord of the dance said he
And I’ll lead you all wherever you may be
And I’ll lead you all in the dance said he.
2. I danced for the Scribe and the Pharisee,
But they would not dance and they wouldn’t follow me,
I danced for the fishermen, James and John
They came with me and the dance went on.
3. I danced on the Sabbath and I cured the lame,
The holy people said it was a shame,
They whipped me and stripped me and they hung me on high,
And left me there on the cross to die.
4. I danced on a Friday when the sky turned black
It is hard to dance with the devil on your back
They buried my body and they thought I’d gone,
But I am the dance and I still go on.
5. They cut me down and I leapt on high
I am the life that’ll never, never die
I’ll live in you if you’ll live in me
I am the Lord of the dance, said he