1. Abide with me, fast falls the eventide,
The darkness deepens, Lord, abide with me!
When other helpers fail, and comforts flee;
Help of the helpless, O abide with me.
2. Swift to its close ebbs out life’s little day,
Earth’s joy grow dim, its glories pass away,
Change and decay in all around I see,
O thou changest not abide with me.
4. I need thy presence every passing hour,
What but thy grace can foil the tempter’s power?
Who like thyself my guide and stay can be?
Through cloud and sunshine, O abide with me.
5. I fear no foe with the at hand to bless,
Ills have no weight, ands tears no bitterness.
Where is death’s string? Where, grave, thy victory? I triumph still, if thou abide with me.
6. Hold thou thy cross before my closing eyes;
Shine through the gloom, and point me to the skies;
Heaven’s morning breaks and earth’s vain shadows flee;In life in death, O Lord, abide with me