1. Be thou my vision, through night and come day
Light on me always, thy spirit to stay
Thou, eternal father, the great and the last
The wise and true sov’reign of all that shall pass.
2. Be thou my wisdom, my staff and my stay,
Shine through the darkness, give light to my way!
Be thou the true source of all I enjoy
So, let carnal pleasures no longer annoy.
3. Be thou my guardian my sword in the fight
Be thou my dignity thou my delight
Thou my soul’s shelter, and thou my high tow’r
Wilt thou raise me heaven ward, o pow’r of my pow’r.
4. Riches I heed not, or man’s empty praise
Thou my in-her-ri-tance, now and always
Thou and thou only, still first in my heart
The high king of heaven my treasure thou art.
5. High king of heaven, my victory won
May I reach heaven’s joys, o bright heaven’s sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever be-fall
Still be thou my vision, o ruler of all.